The Research and Development Plans of Bengal Bioscience include:
Cosmetic Biomedicines Division:
1. The creation of new biological products from umbilical cord blood, amniotic fluid, and Whartons jelly, a gelatinous substance that surrounds umbilical cord blood vessels and contains high concentrations of precursor Mesenchymal Stem Cells. The Company is focused on identifying non-cellular compounds that can stimulate the production and activation of stem cells in vivo, primarily useful for aged patients with various diseases and conditions. This requires protein identification and puification equipment as many many useful substances, cytokines, and messenger molecules are largely unkown.
2. The development and sale of collection kits, transportation kits, and other disposables useful in amniotic fluid and umbilical collection and transplantation procedures, including freezing apparatus, shipping containers, and shipping services. We consider ourselves as supporting the burgeoning stem cell industry. Because these kinds of products may be considered “medical devices”, the Company intends to partner with appropriate suppliers that are knowledgeable in bringing such products to market.
3. Ongoing stem cell culturing to be used for screening various types of compounds for stimulatory and activating charactersitics that can be used to create transdermal patches and creams for the delivery of the compounds to consumers. These products would be expected to increase circulating stem cells in a patient over 100 fold, and more importantly to turn on the repair activities of dormant stem cells. Such compounds, being plant based and delivered solely by the transdermal route are not expected to necessitate difficult FDA approvals.
Botanical Medicinals Division:
(4) A complete remaking of the herbal extract industry which includes the abandonment of herbal powders and supplements that largely do nothing due to low solubility and low uptake in the gut. The Company intends to replace the current market with both transdermal products, as well as new formulations involving the drum drying of whole plant pureed ingredients. We see each and every product being made for transdermal delivery, thereby bypassing digestion and delivering all products directly to the blood stream. As these products are plant based and delivered transdermaly, we see only minimal FDA requirements to be met, and will most likely partner with existing approved supplement manufacturers.
5. We are on the trail of a transdermal herbal extract as effective as sildenafil for Erectile Dysfunction. We have identified probable compounds and would like to set up permanent enzyme screening lab to test a wide variety of additional plant and herbal substances to this end…actually thousands of plants and trees.
6. The Company intends to develop and market transdermal plant medicinals for pain and pain management. Pain conditions represent 40% of patient visits to clinics and general practitioners. The need for substantial pain meds has become even greater with the recent crackdown on opioid prescriptions and new regulations restricting the use of opioid-type medications. This requires sourcing fresh plant products and isolating the active compounds. There are many botanicals from the ancient literatures suggested for pain relief that can be developed further. While CBD oils appear to be an advancement in this field, they are difficult to work with, very oily and greasy, and need further improvement. However, the production of CBD oils is already overcrowded with many players, and we have other equally important plants and herbs to assay and develop.
Naturally, as further research proceeds, some new pathways open up while others seem to close. The Company remains flexible toward pursuing any avenue that proves potentially profitable and which may open up or become self-evident through the pursuit of the above initial activities. Not all of the proposed activities may be pursued or developed.